I feel the phrase "you idiot" crosses my mind probably more often in one day at work than it has ever in my entire life. I think second on the list would be "you spoiled little bitch".. have I ever told you how much I hate working at Forever 21? I loathe it. I have never had to put up with such stupid, rude, and inconsiderate people in my life..the teenage girls and mothers alike. WOW! I could have punted about 5 different people across the room today. This one young mom (kind of white trash..ok very white trash) was SO rude to me for no reason today. (This was after already having an awful & busy hour in the fitting room under my belt.) I just wanted to throw the clothes I had in my hand (left in a heaping pile from some 16 year old bitch who clearly was incapable of putting things back on the hanger that they magically came off of)..anyways..I just wanted to throw them into this woman's face and say "I don't NEED this..I have 2 damn bachelor's degrees from 4 effing years in college & I don't need to put up with your stupid ass or any of these people for that matter all because the damn economy has to be collapsing and the only other people that want to hire a smart, educated, motivated person like me are McDonald's and the gas station around the corner". I would then storm out of that hellhole and victory would be mine.
anyways. other than work..I've been doing decent. I've been working on myself..quite the ongoing process. I recently started the 101 things in 1001 days challenge..just as a way to work on things I want to work on and do things that I want to do. I'm the sort of person that needs to write things down before I am motivated to do them. I think I honestly like the feeling of crossing something off. I feel accomplished. Much more accomplished than the stupid diplomas hanging in my room make me feel right now as I have nothing to show for them considering the fact I'm working a job i could have had in high school. How sad that a big accomplishment to me these days is remembering to take movies back to Blockbuster. woo! Go me! lol.
I promise I'm not normally this bitter or sarcastic.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate! I used to work at American Eagle & people would be so rude & so messy, just tossing clothes down in the dressing room & on the tables...grrrrh. I don't miss those days. Hang in there with the job situation. I have a degree too & have a job that I hate. I'm experienced & intelligent and have sent out soooo many resumes with no responses. It's just a really tough time right now but it will get better soon. :)
Thanks for the encouragement! It is soo frustrating to be looking for a job right now..I sent out so many resumes as well..and nothing. I sure do hope it gets better soon. I definitely graduated college at the wrong time..I think that is most of my frustration..we got used to thinking that once out of college we would start our career..unfortunately for those who have graduated this year..its been the opposite I think.
ReplyDeleteJamie,
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing reading what you wrote. You are certainly intelligent to be that witty....you are going to do great things! I can feel it. Hang in there....I would SERIOUSLY go off on people if I worked in Forever 21. I go in there sometimes to shop and I can't believe the attitude of girls in the 19-21 year old range now. What the hell? I know they aren't all like that but there are enough of them out there for me to say...."why are you for any reason better than me? You are shopping at Forever 21 for God's Sake.....its not like it's Rodeo Drive." I mean my GOD. I feel your pain Jamie........
Well, sadly it happened when I graduated from college too...and that was in 2001. You think you're guaranteed a job in the real world then it smacks you right in the face. I waited tables for a while after graduating until I landed a real job. It takes time for many graduates & I don't think they prepare you for that.
ReplyDeleteI can't remember where I was shopping with my daughters a year or so ago, but I was appalled by the girls who just left piles of clothes on the floor in the dressing rooms. Didn't their mothers ever teach them any respect or courtesy?? Crazy...I hate people who act like that. You will find the right job for you, just keep your spirits up and keep going. About a year and a half a go I went through it too when I was trying to change careers...hang in there, it will happen.
ReplyDelete